[WSBARP] Who signs a corrected quit claim deed?

Cyrus Field cyfield at rockisland.com
Mon Oct 8 11:06:17 PDT 2018

I just had this issue come up in a probate where I used the legal
description from 6 previously filed deeds, including PR and gifting deeds
from parent's estates from 15 years ago. While legal description included
Lot and name of short plat and county, it was missing book and page number
of plat. Fixing old deeds would have required re-opening old probates in
King county, new REETS and fees. I spoke to local title officer who said (at
the moment anyways), they would insure title under that situation. After
talking to client, we decided to take no further action at this time but
when we transfer her beneficial interest to her RLT we'll use full legal
description.

Which raises an un- related issue: short of a TEDRA agreement, what does a
PR need to deed strait to beneficiary's RLT? The few times beneficiary has
had a RLT, I've used a 2 step process but I wonder if that is really
necessary. Thanks in advance, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon)

phone: 360-472-1223 Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286 Office: 640 Mullis
St. Friday Harbor, WA

The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, may
be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender at cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete the
original and any copies.