[WSBARP] Contractor's Lien - No Notice to Customer

Patrick J. Sullivan P.Sullivan at sullivanlawfirm.org
Mon May 7 17:59:37 PDT 2018

Hi everyone:

I have a developer client that hired a registered contractor on a
residential remodel.  My read of the construction lien statute and the
contractor registration statute are:  1) no pre-lien notice was required,
but 2) a Notice to Customer was required (RCW 18.27.114).  Neither notice
was provided.  Contractor has now recorded a substantial, unfounded lien.

We want to remove the lien ASAP and bonding around the lien is too
expensive.  Do any veterans here have advice about this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Patrick J. Sullivan
[image: The Sullivan Law Firm] <http://sullivanlawfirm.org/>