[WSBARP] Contractor's Lien - No Notice to Customer

Douglas W. Scott doug at davisscottlaw.com
Tue May 8 08:38:11 PDT 2018

Where a Notice to Customer is statutorily required and not given to the homeowner, the contractor may not place a Lien on that property .   Your problem is with section (5) of the statute that say that the statute does not apply to contractors contracting with other contractors. If your developer is considered a contractor, then 18.27.114 does not apply. The statute was designed to protect homeowners who were not in the business of building homes.

Douglas W. Scott
Law Offices of Douglas W. Scott
Windermere Building
1810 15th Place NW, Suite 203