[WSBARP] Piano Mover Liability

NC seaseanc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 07:25:14 PST 2018

Storage lease to make sure you protect them from a seller that takes their
time and to have finite terms.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 10:22 AM marc holmeslawgroup.com <
marc at holmeslawgroup.com> wrote:

> Mates,
>

> Does anybody have a good liability waiver/indemnification agreement I
> could use for a home buyer client who wants to let the sellers move a grand
> piano after closing.  Down a flight of stairs no less.  The first thing to
> cross my mind was a Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner cartoon and my
> response was No and No.  They either get the piano out in time or it
> becomes yours.  Maybe, if you’re generous, we delay closing.
>

> Client doesn’t want to delay closing so here we are.  We’ll insist on a
> professional mover and proof of current bonding and insurance in advance.
> Any other advice such as with their current homeowner’s insurance coverage?
>

> Marc Holmes, JD
> Holmes Law Group PLLC
>
> 2303 W. Commodore Way, Suite 306
>
> Seattle, WA 98199
> marc at holmeslawgroup.com
> (206) 357-4224 (ofc)
> (206) 849-0853 (cell)

Nicholas L. Clapham
(407)484-9625

NOTICE- This email message may contain confidential and privileged
information. It is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain
attorney work product and/or information exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. Any unauthorized use is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message. This does not constitute an electronic
signature.

Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Circular 230 and other IRS
regulations, unless we expressly state otherwise, any tax advice contained
in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or
written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding
tax-related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter(s) addressed herein.