[WSBARP] Piano Mover Liability

marc holmeslawgroup.com marc at holmeslawgroup.com
Tue Dec 4 07:18:10 PST 2018

Mates,

Does anybody have a good liability waiver/indemnification agreement I could use for a home buyer client who wants to let the sellers move a grand piano after closing.  Down a flight of stairs no less.  The first thing to cross my mind was a Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner cartoon and my response was No and No.  They either get the piano out in time or it becomes yours.  Maybe, if you're generous, we delay closing.

Client doesn't want to delay closing so here we are.  We'll insist on a professional mover and proof of current bonding and insurance in advance.  Any other advice such as with their current homeowner's insurance coverage?

Marc Holmes, JD
Holmes Law Group PLLC
2303 W. Commodore Way, Suite 306
Seattle, WA 98199