[WSBARP] assignment

Robert Pampell rpampell at swcp.com
Wed Nov 22 12:44:49 PST 2017

Yes, it is correct - see 26 CFR section 1.121(c)(3)(ii), which specifically
provides that a single owner disregarded entity is treated as the owner for
purposes of the section 121 exclusion.  Rev. Proc. 2002-69 does talk in
terms of business entities, but I don't know why else the Service would have
seen fit to include paragraph (c)(3)(ii), given that section 121 does not
apply to business entities.

Beyond this, I would agree that it is hard to understand why the property,
if it is these folks' principal residence, should be owned by an LLC.  There
may be other issues involved, but this would be contrary to the prevailing
view of LLC experts.

Bob Pampell

Robert Pampell, Attorney

21st Century Law Office (r)