[WSBARP] assignment

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 10:24:58 PST 2017

That very well might be correct--my prior post was what the OP "might"
be missing, but I don't think that came through well. Those would be
issues that would concern me.  Tax is an area that has always interested
me, but not something I practice in.

I would note that the item you posted though only seems to apply to
business entities, which this seemingly is not, and only in community
property states, which makes me wonder if it's something meant to be
applicable to estate taxes.

But as to your line of thinking, there is also subpart (c)(3) of this
which seems to apply more directly to the gain issue (but not the
interest issue), but which refers to the entity having a single owner
for some reason (and also covers trust entities).

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.121-1

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott/KMS Renton
206 723-2148