[WSBARP] CA licensed attorney in Seattle to prepare 'straightforward' deed

Lisa Chiang feesimple7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:49:48 PDT 2015

Dear esteemed listmates:

I am looking for a seasoned attorney who is also licensed in California,
with real estate experience, to help draft a CA deed.  If you have worked
with someone like this, please let me know.  Feel free to self refer as
well.

My married estate planning client will transfer a condo he owns (as his
separate property) in CA into a Washington State LLC.

I need to collaborate with someone who can efficiently prepare the deed,
REETA, community property disclaimer for spouse, etc., or whatever the
analogous documents are called in CA. I will handle everything else under
Washington law, so this attorney and I will work closely together to finish
the legal puzzle.  Timeline is next six to eight weeks.

If your office is in Seattle (sorry, East side folks) and you can assist
with this task, please email me offlist, including:

1. your CA legal real estate experience (have you prepared dozens of deeds?
transferred real property into 'foreign' LLC's? into WA LLC's?)
3. how much you typically charge for this, from start to finish;
3. how much recording fees and other transfer fees typically are in CA;
4. any other useful information when dealing with CA county recorders'
offices for such transfers;
5. if it's feasible to execute the deed in Seattle through your CA license,
or if we can do everything remotely through mail.

Client is Seattle centric, so does not wish to cross 520 unnecessarily.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Lisa

*Serving the American expatriate community in Singapore*
International estate planning and settlement, trusts, real estate and nanny
visas
Seattle:  206.569.8838/206.747.0065
Singapore: (65)8105.4249

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain
privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated
above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the
information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please delete the message. Thank
you.

*Circular 230 Disclaimer*. Any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be
used, and may not be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under
the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.