[WSBAPT] Can out-of-state PR delegate authority

Shannon Jones shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com
Mon Mar 11 16:58:31 PDT 2024

I don't think you need a power of attorney necessarily. I was able to close a safe deposit box as statutory agent for an out-of-state PR client of mine including taking possession of the contents of the box by signing some forms the bank provided. I did not have to close a bank account in that case because it was a national bank and my client was able to close it himself by visiting a branch in the state where he resided with his Letters of Administration - Shannon

[cid:image001.png at 01DA73D5.5817E440]
Shannon R. Jones | Attorney
Campbell Barnett PLLC
Direct:  253.848.3515
Office: 253.848.3513| Fax: 253.845.4941
317 South Meridian
Puyallup, WA 98371
shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com<mailto:shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com>
campbellbarnettlaw.com<https://campbellbarnettlaw.com/>

This transmission contains confidential attorney-client communications and may not be disclosed to any person but the intended recipient(s).  If this matter is transmitted to you in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately.