[WSBAPT] Replacing Personal Representative

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Fri Feb 9 14:41:18 PST 2024

Troy,

The procedure has changed a little.  See the attached case.  You can go
under RCW 11.28.250, alone.  If nonintervention powers were given, I am not
sure if you must go under RCW 11.68.070, which then includes RCW 11.96A.
What appears to have changed under 11.68.070 is in 2021 the statute was
amended and it dropped the citation requirement.  We used to always get a
court to sign the citation that hearing date and time.  I have a pending one
where I filed a petition, citing both statutes, but arguing primarily
11.98,250.  I just noted it for hearing.  We shall see.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC

Attorneys at Law
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com> jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.