[WSBAPT] Social Security Admin Form 1724

Lesley Haskell haskell at hoodriverlaw.com
Wed Feb 7 13:06:08 PST 2024

Decedent was not married, no children, no surviving parents.

She had a Revocable Living Trust that was funded and is now in the process of being distributed to her chosen beneficiaries.

We received a notice from Social Security Administration saying the Decedent was due payments at the time of her death and to submit the 1724 form.

There is no probate.  I don't know the amount of the payment due from SSA.

Do I file an Affidavit of Successor? Will SSA let me know the amount? Will SSA accept the Affidavit as a resolution? (I tried to call but the hold time for them right now is 2 hours). Suggestions of something easier to do?

Lesley Haskell
541.386.1311 office
541.436.0644 desk