[WSBAPT] Wrong name on deed

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Nov 3 16:36:45 PDT 2023

Can be done with one deed—just recite “Jane Jones, who received title as Jane Junes....”

I also include both the misspelled name and the correctly spelled name in the indexing information at the head of the deed, hoping that the recorder will index it under both. I think that helps maintain chain of title, though it’s something I just started doing some years ago and haven’t any case law to back it up.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC