[WSBAPT] Small Estate Affidavit to Transfer Silencer

Nick Pleasants npleasants at ohswlaw.com
Tue Jul 18 15:47:21 PDT 2023

Jeff,
I suggest talking with Amber Hunt at NW Gun Law Group. https://nwgunlawgroup.com/amber-hunt/ She frequently handles firearm transfers, and her partner Keith Wells has an FFL so it might be easier/cheaper to just hire them to transfer it.
My understanding is that silencers are a Title II "NFA" weapon, so the possessor is going to need to get a license and pay the $200 transfer fee.
Generally, we recommend clients with Title II weapons setup a Gun Trust so they aren't paying that transfer fee all the time.
Also if surviving spouse isn't planning to use the silencer, she might consider disclaiming and transferring it to one of the kids if they actually want the silencer. Another way to avoid paying the $200 transfer fee when survivor dies.
Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants | Shareholder

[OseranHahnAttyatLaw 8]

11225 SE 6th Street | Suite 100 | Bellevue, WA 98004
Main: (425) 455-3900 | Fax: (425) 455-9201 | E-mail: npleasants at ohswlaw.com<mailto:npleasants at ohswlaw.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message contains information belonging to the law firm of Oseran Hahn, P.S., which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.