[WSBAPT] Vehicle sale (with payments)

Adrienne Keith Wills akwills at willslawfirm.com
Thu Dec 21 12:32:44 PST 2023

Hi Listmates,

I will be taking on a solvent probate where a family member wants to buy a vehicle that belonged to the decedent.  The family member is not a beneficiary under the Will and does not have the money to purchase the vehicle outright.  However PR/main beneficiary has said she is intending to share inherited funds with this family member in an amount that would be more than enough to cover a reasonable price for the vehicle.

One thought I had was that the estate could sell the vehicle to the family member with a payment plan which times the final payment on the vehicle in a way that doesn't interfere with the estate closing.

I'm curious to know if anyone has a form for a vehicle sale, pointers, and/or would recommend someone (including themselves) to draft such a thing?

Thanks in advance, Adrienne

--
PLANNED ABSENCE:  Please be aware that I will be out Fri. Dec.22-Fri. Dec. 29, 2023 as well as Mon. Jan. 1, 2024 (a court holiday) for planned holiday time with my family.  If you are an existing client and have an urgent issue during this time, please send a text message to my business number, (206) 523-3047.

Adrienne Keith Wills, Attorney/Mediator
Wills Law Firm Inc. | www.WillsLawFirm.com<http://www.willslawfirm.com/>
1700 7th Ave #2100 | Seattle, WA 98101

Client Meetings by appointment only.

Voice & text: (206) 523-3047 | Fax: (206) 219-6714