[WSBAPT] Changes at King County Clerk/Court - Records Requests

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Mon Apr 25 15:00:25 PDT 2022

Greetings List Members -

If you have been anything like me, you have avoided the changeover from ECR
Online to KC Script until forced. That day arrived on the 22nd. You can NO
LONGER access ANY records through ECR Online.

KC Script has MANY more buttons and options to choose from AND your records
will not necessarily be immediately available AND there is no way to set up
an "account" so you don't have to pay a transaction fee for EVERY SINGLE
REQUEST that you make.

For a county government that likes to talk about access to Justice, they
just made me spend more than double the actual amount for copies of
records.

I took some time to ask the online Chat if there was a way and I just
wasn't seeing it and the answer is NO - there is no account function at
this time. There is no ETA they are providing as to when there MAY be an
account function added.

Oh - and the nearly $200 that was in my account from before - no real idea
when that will be returned to me.

I am sure that they were solving some "problem" with the old
system.....don't know what it is but for those who simply used ECR to pull
items from the docket every now and then - the system is much more
cumbersome, convoluted, complex, and expensive.

Brent

PS - yes - I am finding out to whom I can write to express my feelings and
not just screaming into the void.

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /