[WSBAPT] Power of attorney revocation - Alaska

Adrienne Keith Wills ak at keithlawandmediation.com
Wed Sep 22 16:42:01 PDT 2021

Hi Diane:  Your response makes perfect sense based on the facts I sent 😊

More specifically, the potential client said:  “2013 I gave my relative limited power of attorney for conducting real estate transactions on my behalf, as she managed one of my properties in Alaska, after I moved to Washington. I’ve since sold the property. However, I’m unsure if the power of attorney given to my relative is still valid and for how long it would be, as there was no expiration date on the document. I no longer have a copy of the file as it was purged with old tax records. I do have a copy of the form I filled out for the document.”

Without seeing the original Alaskan POA, it seems prudent to make a revocation of all powers given to this relative.

Thank you, Adrienne

--

Adrienne Keith Wills, Attorney/Mediator

Wills Law Firm Inc. |  <http://www.WillsLawFirm.com> www.WillsLawFirm.com

Helping family law and estate planning clients create their legacy

1700 Seventh Ave, Suite 2100 | Seattle, WA  98101

Tel. (206) 523-3047 | Fax (206) 219-6714