[WSBAPT] Skagit County real estate

Ann Manley annmanleyrppt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 10:23:06 PDT 2021

My client owns real estate in Skagit County. It's on tribal land, so there
is a Stat. Warr. Deed to my client and her partner as unmarried individuals
of the leasehold interest. There is also a recorded Bill of Sale of
personal property and a recorded Assignment of Sublease.

Seeing as my client and her partner own this as tenants in common (no
mention of joint tenancy on any document), will the decedent's interest in
the property have to be probated in order for her interest to go to her
partner as set out in her will? Would a deed from them as unmarried
individuals to them as Joint Tenants w/ Right of Survivorship avoid
probate? Any downside to this?

Thanks,
Ann Manley
Seattle, WA