[WSBAPT] Testamentary trust nuts & bolts

Sara D. Longley sara at longley-law.pro
Fri Jan 24 14:48:58 PST 2020

Hello listmates,

It's my first time funding a testamentary credit shelter trust.  I believe
the "trust instrument" is the will itself, correct?  What do you use as the
date the trust is established - the decedent's date of death, or the date of
funding, or .?

Thanks in advance for answering my Trusts 101 question, and happy Friday to
all!

Best,

Sara Longley

Sara D. Longley, J.D., LL.M.

LONGLEY LAW PLLC

1734 NW Market Street

Seattle, WA 98107

 <tel:%28206%29%20434-5644> (206) 434-5644

 <mailto:Sara at longley-law.pro> Sara at Longley-law.pro

 <http://www.longley-law.pro/> www.longley-law.pro

Pronouns: she, her, hers

ATTENTION CLIENTS: I am in the process of merging my law firm into Ivy Law
Group, PLLC.  Over the next few months my web site will redirect to
<http://www.ivylawgroup.com/> www.ivylawgroup.com and I will begin emailing
from  <mailto:Sara at ivylawgroup.com> Sara at ivylawgroup.com.  My existing email
address and telephone number will continue to function and my physical
office location will not change.  I look forward to serving you in the
coming years.

This email is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure.  If you have received this message in error, please inform the
sender by telephone or reply email and delete this message and all
attachments.  Thank you.