[WSBAPT] Name Trust with initials and just put Trustee of (initialsTrust dated ...)

J A Cyphers jacyphers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 18:45:00 PDT 2019

However, last year I had to re-do the deed on a trust in order to sell a
family residence.
The residence had been quit claim deeded in 1993 into a revocable trust with
the Grantee named only as the Smith Family Trust with no trustees named.
Deed was done by an attorney but one who apparently did not understand that
you have to deed to the trustee not just to the trust.

The title company took the position that the residence was still vested in
the husband and wife and had never been transferred.
Fortunately both spouses were still alive and we deeded the house again
properly to the named trustee of the Trustee.

So you may run into trouble with the title company on a sale.

Jackie Cyphers
Jeannette A. Cyphers, Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 908
Edmonds, WA 98020-0908
425-776-5887
fax 425-640-0814
jacyphers at gmail.com

We do not use encrypted email so this message is not secure and may not be
protected by attorney client privilege.  NOTE:  This email address is NOT
monitored 24/7.  If your matter requires prompt attention please call our
offices during business hours so we can discuss it with you and also discuss
timing.

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use of the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. The Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
Sections 2510-2521 applies to this e-mail. Unauthorized review of
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by phone or reply e-mail. Do not disseminate this
e-mail and destroy the original e-mail and any copies.