[WSBAPT] Locating Heir Who Is Ignoring Communication

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Tue Sep 3 15:24:07 PDT 2019

Good Afternoon List -

Here is the situation.  Would appreciate any recommendations.

Daughter has been named Executor by Mom  (Decedent). Daughter gets nothing,
as only item of value in the Estate is real property in Pierce County that
has been bequeathed to Son.

Daughter opts not to serve as Executor. Daughter has signed away right to
be Executor.  Now we just need to connect with Son to provide him with the
original copy of the Will so that he can proceed forward.

Son has ignored my messages (we do have an e-mail) and those from
Daughter.

What is best way to finish? Should I simply file the Will with Pierce
County Superior Court but not start probate so that it would be "safe" and
available if/when the Son every decides to come forward?

Is there a skip trace service that is reasonably priced to track Son down
and personally serve him with the Will?

Never had a beneficiary who has refused to communicate so this is a new
twist for me.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth*
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of **BWR Consulting, PLLC*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults> /

*As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent
Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new
points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com> *