[WSBAPT] Locating Heir Who Is Ignoring Communication

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Sep 3 15:48:42 PDT 2019

I would file the Will, as will-only ($20 filing fee). The heirs are ignoring you, but you have custody of the original Will and notice of death, so you need to get the Will out of your hands. I think your only option is to file it and and just email the heirs and Executor and let them know you've done that.

RCW 11.20.010
Duty of custodian of will—Liability.
Any person having the custody or control of any will shall, within thirty days after he or she shall have received knowledge of the death of the testator, deliver said will to the court having jurisdiction or to the person named in the will as executor, and any executor having in his or her custody or control any will shall within forty days after he or she received knowledge of the death of the testator deliver the same to the court having jurisdiction. Any person who shall wilfully violate any of the provisions of this section shall be liable to any party aggrieved for the damages which may be sustained by such violation.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC