[WSBAPT] Probate and child support

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Mon Oct 7 14:37:44 PDT 2019

One of my colleagues has asked that I post the following question:

I have a WA probate with a beneficiary who owes back child support.  I received a call from the WA Division of Child Support inquiring whether the estate has been distributed to the beneficiaries.  At this point it has not.  Has anyone dealt with this issue and whether I owe any duty to the Child Support Division before I can distribute the estate to the beneficiaries?

Thanks,
Phil Jones
Portland. OR

Philip N. Jones |Duffy Kekel LLP
900 S.W. Fifth Ave., Suite 2500, Portland OR 97204
(503) 226-1371 (main)| (503) 226-3574 (fax)
pjones at duffykekel.com<mailto:pjones at duffykekel.com>