[WSBAPT] Mixed Real Estate and Probate Question

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 12:49:23 PDT 2019

Listmates:  I have spoken with another attorney and with a broker who both feel that it is in error for a broker/realtor to not verify the seller's authority before the broker allows the potential seller to sign a listing agreement and a purchase and sale agreement.  While my client has no interest in using this as a sword against the broker under these circumstances, my client is interested in using this information as a shield against the broker for potential commissions. Any attorney/brokers with thoughts or input on this matter?