[WSBAPT] Ancillary Probate

Mark Vohr mcv at ohanafc.com
Tue Dec 10 15:15:24 PST 2019

Robert - you are correct.  Washington law and procedure does not treat ancillary probates any differently.  You would simply petition here in Washington, with the only property subject to probate being the Washington situs real property.  The petition would certainly reference the foreign probate, and the appointment there, but otherwise the procedure is the same.

You will definitely want to petition for non-intervention powers, as the foreign will likely does not grant them.  That will require notice, but should not otherwise be a problem  assuming the estate is solvent.

Regards,

Mark

Mark C. Vohr
Ohana Fiduciary Corp.