[WSBAPT] Ancillary Probate

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Tue Dec 10 15:13:17 PST 2019

Are you referring to real property?
I'd be surprised if you can transfer title to WA real property from a WA probate to an out-of-state probate.
Way down here in Oregon, our statutes are similar: no mention of ancillary probate.  A probate is a probate is a probate, and an ancillary probate is required to operate (and distribute) just like a regular probate.  To the beneficiaries, not to a PR of an out-of-state probate.
You might be able to distribute cash or other personal property to an out-of-state probate.  Maybe.  But not real property.
That's my best guess.  I would be happy to be corrected.
Phil Jones
Portland, OR