[WSBAPT] Cohabitation Agreement - Level of Detail on Financials?

Thomas Hackett thomas at nwlegacylaw.com
Thu Aug 29 16:34:20 PDT 2019

Hey Colleagues-

When you prepare cohabitation agreements, I'm curious how much detail you
provide regarding financial situations of each party. I represent the
wealthier person in the relationship, and that person would rather not
disclose all income and assets. How do you think this will impact the
effectiveness of the cohabitation agreement?

My thought is that you aren't required to provide the same level of details
as you do in a pre-nup or post-nup, but haven't found authority on point.

Thanks in advance for insight.

Thomas A. Hackett
Attorney
nwlegacylaw.com | 360-975-7770