[WSBAPT] Letters to Known Creditors - Duty to provide account numbers?

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Fri Dec 21 08:45:50 PST 2018

I am helping a PR with an estate where the hospital immediately sent the
bills of the decedent to collections. That's fine - so we sent notice to
both the hospital and collection agency when mailing the notice to known
creditors. However, given how the hospital bills, they opened ten (10)
different creditor accounts with the collection agency.

If that collection agency received a direct letter and copy of the notice
to probate creditors but does not list the various account numbers, is
there an argument that they should have been given "better" notice?

My question: Has anyone had push back from a creditor that received the
notice (as prescribed by 11.40.030) but didn't provide account numbers?
This isn't an insubstantial debt but no one has sent a claim in accordance
with the statute and I want to ensure that before rejecting that there
isn't something missed.

Appreciate the responses.

Brent

--