[WSBAPT] Mortgagor Opening Probate in Spite of Recorded CPA

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Thu Dec 20 11:11:47 PST 2018

Listmates:

I have a client whose mother had a reverse mortgage on the house. With mom’s death it is in default. It has been conveyed out to client who’s about to close on her own reverse mortgage to take out mom’s.

Years before, dad died intestate. But there was a community property agreement that was recorded. Lender is aware, but says it’s title company doesn’t accept CPA’s as conveying clean title? What?

Seems to me lender’s petition to open intestate Probate is without jurisdiction because there is no property in the state to Probate.

Thoughts? War stories?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all. 🎄

> Best regards,
> John J. Sullivan,
> Attorney
>
> Lyons |Sullivan
> 10655 NE 4th Street, Suite 704
> Bellevue, WA  98004
> 425·451·2400 tel 425-451-7385 fax
> www.dljslaw.com
>
> Confidentiality Notice
> This email transmission is intended only for the addressee named above.  It contains information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from use and disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, or dissemination of this transmission or the taking of any action in reliance on its contents or other use is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy the original and notify us by telephone immediately.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Sent from my iPhone