[WSBAPT] Attaching a Ledger to a Will

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Nov 22 13:30:03 PST 2017

I think this could work. Think of it, not as part of the Will, but as decedent's records concerning intentional advancements made to each heir. The Will could say something like, "I intend to make advancements to my heirs during my life, which I intend to record on a ledger. Any and all gifts of money I make to any of my heirs made after [date] is an advancement and not a gift, regardless of whether or not such gift of money is recorded on the ledger. Distribution after my death to my heirs shall be adjusted to make total of advancements plus estate distribution to each heir equal." Then, the ledge is evidence of the advancements, but not incorporated into the Will. And bank records showing transfers might also be used, in case something isn't written on the ledger.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC