[WSBAPT] Attaching a Ledger to a Will

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Wed Nov 22 12:54:28 PST 2017

Collective Minds Not Already On Holiday -

I have a client who wants to insert something along the lines of the
following:

*certain amounts may have been or will be gifted to the children from time
to time.  A ledger will be kept as part of the will and the distribution of
the estate may be adjusted pro rata based on outstanding balances due.*

I have concerns about this. I know that monetary distributions are not
permissible through the Personal Property Memorandum, but I fear for the
validity of a ledger that wouldn't have been properly executed, would it be
acceptable and valid if the ledger was kept by a disinterested third party?

Appreciate any guidance on this.

Thanks!

Brent

--