[WSBAPT] "interested parties"

Kate Szurek kate at skagitlaw.com
Tue Jun 20 18:34:51 PDT 2017

Under TEDRA (11.96A), would you say that the interested parties, who must sign on in order for a TEDRA agreement to be effective, include even the persons who will not be at all impacted by the terms of a TEDRA agreement which, essentially, shifts assets among the residuary beneficiaries?  Clearly the residuary beneficiaries are interested parties; but, are the beneficiaries to specific bequests (which will not be impacted by the change we are trying to implement) also "interested parties"?  And how about the intestate heirs, who no longer have an interest in the estate at all (since the will contest period has run)?

See RCW 11.96A.030(5).

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

(I have yet to look beyond the statute for answers.  If I find any, I'll let you know.)

Kate

Kate Szurek, J.D., LL.M.
kate at skagitlaw.com<mailto:kate at skagitlaw.com>

[SkagitLaw_Signature (2)]
Skagit Law Group, PLLC
P.O. Box 336 / 227 Freeway Drive, Suite B
Mount Vernon, WA  98273
360.336.1000
360.336.6690 (fax)
http://www.skagitlaw.com<http://www.skagitlaw.com/>