[WSBAPT] PR Deed Question

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Fri Feb 5 14:45:10 PST 2016

In these situations I prepare an Affidavit of Community property that PR signs in the stead of Mom, to confirm her survivorship of Dad and her right to take as community property. I use a revised version of the DOR form I have mentioned in posts previously. At least in Skagit county this passes unquestioned through the county system and keeps the title companies happy. My practice is to attach a copy of the Death Certificate with the SSN redacted. Title companies appreciate this approach.
Using the DOR form avoids questions from the Treasure about collecting double excise tax on the sale.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.