[WSBAPT] PR Deed Question

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Fri Feb 5 14:44:25 PST 2016

You are right to be concerned.

If mom’s spouse had a Will, you might be able to probate it and have his Personal Representative transfer to mom and mom’s estate transfer to daughter.

Or, you could work with a title company to have Personal Representative execute a lack of probate affidavit as to spouse’s interest and insure the transfer to mom’s heir. I would likely tend to go this route.

You could simply record a Quit Claim Deed of the property from “Client, Personal Representative of Mom’s Estate, the surviving spouse of Predeceased Husband (date of death)” and leave any problems for later, but I expect that without addressing predeceased spouse’s interest, there is going to be an issue later regarding his interest. Cheaper and easier to clean up now than to have the heir receiving the property dealing with it later.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.