[WSBAPT] Conflict Question

Paul Grant paulnnepa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:33:05 PDT 2016

This may be the most weird things I've had happen yet as an attorney... but
I want to make sure I don't have a conflict based upon our collective
thoughts (then maybe to WSBA if the prevailing is yes).

Female dies last summer and has two children from different fathers - one
child is PR the other has sufficient problems and is uncooperative.

Male dies and I receive phone call today about help with a probate.  Me:
 where did you get my name/recommendation?  Answer: Siri (didn't know
iPhones could help business!).  Set appt and I did a search on my potential
PR client and wouldn't you know that the Male who dies is the father of the
uncooperative heir from my other probate!  What are the chances?

Since I do not represent the son with first probate, is there any conflict
that I represent the second with the same heir?  Now, whether it is smart
to do so may be a whole different issue, but let's start with any
conflict.  I don't think so, but?

Paul H. Grant - JD, LL.M

Planning with Purpose, Inc
Lynnwood, WA 98036
425-939-9948
www.planningwithpurposeinc.com

Estate Planning. Business Planning. Wealth Succession.