[WSBAPT] recorded prenuptial agmt

Kate Szurek kate at skagitlaw.com
Tue Oct 20 14:29:23 PDT 2015

Clients have found that their 1983 prenuptial agreement is available online, having been recorded way back then with the county auditor.

Unfortunately, the exhibits to the agreement include significant amounts of personal information, including account numbers still in existence and, obviously, values.

Clients are asking if there is any way to eliminate (or reduce) the availability of this information.  We checked with the auditor, and though there is the ability to redact some information, that may be limited to dates of birth, SSNs, and mothers' maiden names.

Have any of you ever run into this situation?  Ideas about how to address the problem?

Thank you in advance - for any responses and for just being there so I can at least throw out the question in the fervent hope of an answer - short of lots of research and the attempt at obtaining a court order . . .

Kate

[SkagitLaw_Signature (2)]
Kate Szurek, J.D., LL.M.
P.O. Box 336 / 227 Freeway Drive, Suite B
Mount Vernon, WA  98273
360.336.1000
360.336.6690 (fax)
kate at skagitlaw.com<mailto:kate at skagitlaw.com>