[WSBAPT] FW: George Bell Article

Karen E. Boxx kboxx at uw.edu
Mon Oct 19 11:49:36 PDT 2015

There was a fascinating article in the NYTimes about a man that died alone in his apartment  how the authorities went about administering his estate. Here's the link in case you missed it: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/18/nyregion/dying-alone-in-new-york-city.html

It made me wonder, however, how those cases are currently handled locally.  I know that years ago, King County would appoint a private lawyer for a term to be the "public administrator" and serve as PR for all the estates like this that came up, when there were assets.  Does anyone know if that's still being done?  What about in other counties?

karen