[WSBAPT] Missing Heir

Russell Mikow russell at alsnorthwest.com
Fri May 1 10:44:16 PDT 2015

Good morning everyone:

I have a similar missing heir situation. We were able to track down her two most recent addresses with an initial investigation. Mail and notices appear delivered as addressed to both addresses, but no response has been received. Family members have not had contact with this individual for years.

My questions would be: 1) what level of due diligence is required of the PRs to locate this missing heir? Are standard Accurint and other for-fee database searches/investigations adequate? 2) If a special representative is appointed, what level of due diligence is required of him or her to locate the missing heir? And, if still not found, what happens to the missing heir's share of the Estate?

Any responses and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Very truly yours,

ADVANCE LEGAL SERVICES, PLLC

Russell L. Mikow 1920 N. Pittsburgh Ste. D-3Kennewick, WA 99336 (509) 851-7884russell at alsnorthwest.com  www.alsnorthwest.com This E-Mail message and any documentation accompanying this transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential  information and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this E-Mail information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action against you.  Please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any accompanying documents.  Thank you.