[WSBAPT] JT/ROS

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Thu Jun 4 18:36:10 PDT 2015

Yikes--it's a conflict between statutes so that's a full-employment act for the lawyers.

Speaking off the cuff, I'd argue that 30A.22.100 is meant to allow banks to pay to the named party without liability, but in fact a Will provision under 11.11.020(3) would control and impose a constructive trust on the POD recipient, for the benefit of the estate or beneficiary designated in the Will. But who knows, once we wander into the thicket of statutory construction.

"Most recently enacted statute wins?"

Or, "the Legislature will not repeal an existing statute by implication?"

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC