[WSBAPT] JT/ROS

Robert R. Cole cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Thu Jun 4 17:34:41 PDT 2015

The worst (nastiest) estates I have ever worked on were due to this
issue.  How can you know intent when the person is dead?  The one kid
says, "I took care of her all those years, so she wanted me to have this
extra."  The other says, "Like heck, read the Will, she wanted
everything evenly divided."  So I spend a lot of time in conference
discussing this issue, and often times put the testator's intent in the
Will, either way.  But bank tellers generally don't realize the issue
and all to often automatically make it JTWROS. Makes for ambiguities,
which lead to conflict.

Very Truly Yours,

Robert R. Cole

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

10101 - 270th St. NW

P.O. Box 249

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.