[WSBAPT] condo question

Richard Wills richardwills at washington-probate.com
Wed Feb 4 09:06:56 PST 2015

On 2/3/2015 5:54 PM, Spencer Stromberg wrote:
> I'm sorry to be a contrarian, but I believe the abbreviated legal
> description is required regardless of whether the full legal is on the
> first page or not.

*This has not been my experience.  In the caption, where the "summary
legal description" is usually placed, I have always simply copied the
full legal description from the body of the Deed, & I have never had
such a Deed denied recordation on that basis in a wide variety of
counties in WA.**  Mind you, I'm not saying that one can omit a legal
description in the caption --- only that the legal description need not
be the summary or abbreviated description --- the full description will
suffice (& that providing it eliminates the risk of providing an
erroneous summary description where the full description on the Deed is
correct).*