[WSBAPT] PR Delegate Duties??

Katharine P. Bauer kpb at bpblegal.com
Tue Dec 22 14:31:27 PST 2015

I thought I replied to this, but don't see it in the chain/thread.

I don't think a co-PR can delegate duties quite so easily.  Of course it
has to do with non-intervention powers and whether the Will references (I
think) the trust statute, but see below:
RCW 11.28.040
Procedure during minority or absence of executor.

If the executor be a minor or absent from the state, letters of
administration with the will annexed shall be granted, during the time of
such minority or absence, to some other person unless there be another
executor who shall accept the trust, in which case the estate shall be
administered by such other executor until the disqualification shall be
removed, when such minor, having arrived at full age, or such absentee,
having returned, shall be admitted as joint executor with the former,
provided a nonresident of this state may qualify as provided in RCW
11.36.010 <http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.36.010>.

Katharine P. Bauer
Bauer Pitman Lifetime Legal, PLLC
1235 Fourth Ave. East, Suite 200
Olympia, Washington 98501
tel. 360.754.1976
fax. 360.943.4427

e-mail: kpb at bpblegal.com

This message is confidential and may be protected by the attorney-client
privilege; it is intended solely for the use of the individual named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any
notify the sender by telephone or e-mail, delete this message from your
files, and return any printed copies to the sender by U.S. mail. Circular
230 Disclosure: Any tax advice contained in this communication (including
any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used,
for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction, arrangement, or other matter