[Vision2020] Property Taxes

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 09:39:49 PDT 2019

It's not clear from the Daily News article, but the total increase on a
$200,000 home would be $110:
*The increase would raise taxes on property owners from $4.49 per $1,000 of
assessed property value to $5.63, an increase of about 25 percent. For
homeowners in Moscow, who receive a state tax exemption for 50 percent of
their property’s value up to $100,000, this means they would pay about $560
annually on a home valued at $200,000 — up from about $450 last year. *

But part of the increase would come from foregone tax increases, and would
be used for police raises:
*Moscow rarely accepts annual tax increases and so has the “foregone”
authority to raise taxes by nearly $325,000 a year. It has elected to
recapture $200,000 of that. Riedner said this will provide a stable fund to
support raises planned for Moscow police officers.  *

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA