[Vision2020] This Week at the Latah Recovery Center

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:05:27 PDT 2018

Here's an interesting LATE ADDITION to our calendar:  Trauma Based Yoga
class Tues.  May 29, 12:30-1:30.
The reality of our experience here on this planet can be difficult to bear.
-Steven Cope.  Yoga is part of an ancient system meant precisely to address
human suffering, particularly in the body where it hides. The common
denominator of all traumas is an alienation and disconnection from the body
and a reduced capacity to be in the here and now. Trauma is a hardwired,
persistant aversive state. The practice of yoga, integrating body, mind,
breath, is a systematic path toward well being.

This Weeks Special Offerings:
Recovery Peer Volunteer Training, Pt 1.:  Tues 6-9pm.  The class we require
of our volunteers that wish to coach others dealing with addictions and
mental health issues.  Learn about Recovery Plans, Relapse Plans, and much
more!

In honor of Mental Health month our volunteer Cindy is offering Coping
Skills on 5/23 2:15-3pm

Learn to Crochet and Calm Your Mind 5/26, 10am

HAVE YOU HEARD RECOVERY RADIO?  New episodes to download now on GooglePlay
and ITunes.  Or catch it live on KRFP, Thursdays, 1pm.

*May at the Latah Recovery Center*

Alcoholics Anonymous
                *Every day, noon*

Positive Affirmations
*Mondays, 12-1*

Life Skills*
Mondays, 5-6*

Refuge Recovery 420 E. 2nd St*
Mondays, 6*

Recovery Peer Volunteer Meeting*
Last Monday of month, 6pm*

Yoga (Hosted by Moscow Yoga Ctr)
*Tuesdays 12:30-1:30 *

Recovery Peer Volunteer Training
                Tuesday 6-9, May 22 AND 29 Please RSVP by May 20

Chess w/Steve
                                *Tues and Thurs* *5-6*

Narcotics Anonymous                                        *
                Tuesdays, 5:30-6:30 (Womens mtg) *

Prescription Addiction Support Group             *
Tuesdays 7-8*

Easygoing Facial
                                Wednesday 2:15-3, May 9

Coping Skills
Wednesday 2:15-3,  May 23

Positive Affirmations
*Wednesdays 5-6*

Intro to MSWord and Powerpoint
Wednesday 6:30, May 9

Recovery International:  Mental Health Self-Help
*Wednesdays, 6:30-8*

New Volunteer Orientation
                *Thursdays 4-5*

Peaceful Art Practices         *
Thursdays 5-6*

LAMI:  Family Support Program
                *2nd Thurs of month 7-8:30*

All Recovery Meeting
                                *Fridays 5-6*

Narcotics Anonymous*
Fridays 5:30-6:30 (Open mtg)*

Movie/Games:  Check website for listing
                *Fridays 6:30-9*

AA Speakers Meeting         *
3rd Saturday of month, 11-2:30*

Learn How to Crochet & Calm Your Mind
*4th Sat of month, 10-12*

Social Activity: Bowling  (carpoolers meet 1pm Rosauers parking lot     Sunday
May 20, 2pm

Recovering Parents: Trust Based Relational Intervention Parents Group
Sunday 5/6, 2:30-4

Adult Children of Alcoholics, Women’s Meeting
*Sundays 6-7:30*

*Classes and Groups are ALWAYS FREE OR AT COST AND OPEN TO ALL.*

RSVP LatahRecoveryCenter at gmail.com Bolded Date=Regular offering.  Plain
text=Special offering for month.

Need an understanding person to talk to?  We have Recovery Peer Volunteers
here to help you in recovery from mental health and addiction issues all
hours of operation. We are here to help!