[Vision2020] This Week at the Latah Recovery Center

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:52:12 PDT 2018

Mark your calendar for this months special offerings:

   - 5/9 Easygoing Facial 2:15-3pm
   - 5/9 Intro to MSWord and Powerpoint 6:30pm
   - 5/10 Latah Alliance for Mental Illness:  Family Support Program
   - 5/19  AA Speakers Meeting 11am
   - ...and don't miss this months social activity:  Bowling at Zeppoz
   5/20, 2pm at Zeppoz.  RSVP with Rod, or contact him for carpooling
   options.  rodsprague at nethere.com
   - *Would you like to learn how to coach others in life skills, coping,
   etc as they deal with addictions and mental health issues?  You are invited
   to Recovery Peer Volunteer Training parts 1 and 2.  May 22 and 29, 6-9pm.
   Please RSVP to latahrecoverycenter at gmail.com
   <latahrecoverycenter at gmail.com> by May 20.*
   - *5/23 Coping Skills 2:15-3pm*
   - *5/28 Recovery Peer Volunteer Meeting 6pm*
   - *Full calendar listing ALL of our weekly offerings below!*

*Check out the latest from Write for You:
 https://latahrecoverycenter.org/2018/05/07/write-for-you-and-so/
<https://latahrecoverycenter.org/2018/05/07/write-for-you-and-so/>Have you
heard about Recovery Radio?  Checkout the podcast on ITunes and
GooglePlay.  New episodes coming tomorrow! May at the Latah Recovery
CenterAlcoholics
Anonymous
                                Every day, noonPositive
Affirmations
Mondays, 12-1Life
Skills
Mondays, 5-6Refuge Recovery 420 E. 2nd
St
Mondays, 6Recovery Peer Volunteer
Meeting
Last Monday of month, 6pmYoga (Hosted by Moscow Yoga
Ctr)                                                              Tuesdays
12:30-1:30 Recovery Peer Volunteer
Training
Tuesday 6-9, May 22 AND 29 Please RSVP by May 20Chess
w/Steve
                                                Tues and Thurs 5-6Narcotics
Anonymous
                                                Tuesdays, 5:30-6:30 (Womens
mtg) Prescription Addiction Support Group
                                                Tuesdays 7-8Easygoing
Facial
                                Wednesday 2:15-3, May 9Coping
Skills
Wednesday 2:15-3,  May 23Positive
Affirmations
Wednesdays 5-6Intro to MSWord and Powerpoint
                                                                Wednesday
6:30, May 9Recovery International:  Mental Health
Self-Help                                      Wednesdays, 6:30-8New
Volunteer Orientation
                                Thursdays 4-5Peaceful Art Practices

Thursdays 4-5 (cancelled May 17)LAMI:  Family Support
Program
2nd Thurs of month 7-8:30All Recovery Meeting
                                                                Fridays
5-6Narcotics
Anonymous
Fridays 5:30-6:30 (Open mtg)Movie/Games:  Check website for
listing                                                       Fridays
6:30-9AA Speakers Meeting

3rd Saturday of month, 11-2:30Learn How to Crochet & Calm Your Mind
                                             4th Sat of month, 10-12Social
Activity: Bowling  (carpoolers meet 1pm Rosauers parking lot     Sunday May
20, 2pmRecovering Parents: Trust Based Relational Intervention Parents
Group Sunday 5/6, 2:30-4Adult Children of Alcoholics, Women’s Meeting
                                         Sundays 6-7:30  Classes and Groups
are ALWAYS FREE OR AT COST AND OPEN TO ALL.  RSVP
LatahRecoveryCenter at gmail.com Bolded Date=Regular offering.  Plain
text=Special offering for month.  Need an understanding person to talk to?
We have Recovery Peer Volunteers here to help you in recovery from mental
health and addiction issues all hours of operation. We are here to help! *

*Syringa Shindig! Unitarian Universalist Church of the Palouse | Friday,
May 18 | 6:00-10:00 PM $20 per person suggested donation, kids 12 & under
are free*

After struggling for many years, Syringa Mobile Home Park is closing for
good on June 5. We're organizing a community dance party on Friday, May 18
to raise money to help residents with their relocation costs. Residents
have indicated that any amount of money--to help pay for a storage unit, a
moving truck, or even a lick of paint in their new homes--would be helpful.
The UUCP has generously agreed to host the event. We're planning to have a
grand old time, with live music by Smith & Roberts and Blue Funk Jailbreak,
a no-host bar, and heavy hors d'oeuvres. In order to do this at
little-to-no cost (so as to ensure all of the money we raise goes to
Syringa residents), we need your help!

We hope you'll come! It's going to be so much fun! Please consider signing
up to bring an appetizer platter, or some beer or wine for the bar! We also
need volunteers--folks to help set up, staff the bar, clean up dishes and
food tables, and tear down at the end of the night.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805084fa5aa2ca57-syringa

Syringa residents are our neighbors, and they need our help. Let's show
them what a big heart this community has. Thank you for your help and your
dedication to making Moscow such a great place to live!

For more information, contact Lysa Salsbury at lysa_salsbury at hotmail.com or
(208) 310-6298.