[Vision2020] This Week at the Latah Recovery Center

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:40:10 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Latah Recovery Center Director <latahrecoverycenter at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Subject: This Week at the Latah Recovery Center
To: keim153 at gmail.com

See attached for info about Youth Mental Health First Aid AND see below at
the bottom of this email for an email about Family Support Training.

Below are both our October AND November calendars.  Still confirming a
few items in November-but mark your calendar for the items that ARE
confirmed.

*October at the Latah Recovery Center*

Alcoholics Anonymous                                        *Every day*,
noon

Positive Affirmations                                           *Mondays
and Weds *1:10-2

YOU Can Create Your Own Job                          Monday 10/3, 6

Helping Others W/Depression: Doug Salada, LCSW     Monday 10/10, 6

Life Skills
*Tuesdays* 5-6

Beginners Chess w/Steve
*Tuesdays* 5-6

Art Foundations                                                   *Tuesdays*
6:30-7:30

Mindful Meditation and Yoga                              *Thursdays* 2-3

For Parents:  Dealing w/Adolescent Addiction     Wednesday 10/19 7-9pm

Intermediate Chess w/Steve                                 *Thursdays* 5-6

HIV/Hepatitis Screening                                                Thursday
10/6, 5-7

 Recovery Peer Volunteer Training.  RSVP by 10/19    Thursday 10/20 and 27,
6-9

LAMI:  Family Support Program                         2nd Thurs of month
7-8:30

All Recovery Meeting                                           *Fridays* 5-6

Movie and Game Night: 10/7 Secondhand Lions, 10/14

Naked Gun, 10/21 Casper, 10/28 Beetlejuice
*Fridays *6:30-9

Latah Recovery Festival-Fairgrounds                           Saturday 10/1
5-10

Learn to Crochet & Rewire your Brain                Saturday 10/22 10-11:30

Adult Children of Alcoholics, Women’s Meeting    *Sundays *6-7:30

*Classes and Groups are ALWAYS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL.  Please RSVP.*

*Need an understanding person to talk to?  We have Recovery Peer Volunteers
here to help you in recovery from mental health and addiction issues all
hours of operation. We are here to help! *

*November at the Latah Recovery Center*

Alcoholics Anonymous                                        *Every day*,
noon

Positive Affirmations                                           *Mondays
and Weds *1:10-2

YOU Can Create Your Own Job                          Monday 11/7, 6

Life Skills
*Tuesdays* 5-6

Beginners Chess w/Steve
*Tuesdays* 5-6

Art Foundations                                                   *Tuesdays*
6:30-7:30

Nat’l Drug Prevention Speaker Ray Lozano                 Wednesday, 11/2,
7-8:30pm

        Get Your Medical Vitals Checked for FREE!      Wednesday 11/9, 2-4

        Christmas Art w/Paper Weaving by J. Leffingwell        Wednesday
11/9, 4-5

        Getting and Keeping a Job w/Dave Darrow                  Wednesday
11/9, 7-8

        Get Your Medical Vitals Checked for FREE!      Wednesday 11/16, 2-4

Mindful Meditation and Yoga                              *Thursdays* 2-3

Intermediate Chess w/Steve                                 *Thursdays* 5-6

LAMI:  Family Support Program                         2nd Thurs of month
7-8:30

All Recovery Meeting                                           *Fridays* 5-6

Movie and Game Night:                                       *Fridays *6:30-9

Learn to Crochet & Rewire your Brain                Saturday 11/26 10-11:30

Adult Children of Alcoholics, Women’s Meeting    *Sundays *6-7:30

*Classes and Groups are ALWAYS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL.  Please RSVP.*

*Bolded=Regular offering.  Plain text=Special offering for month.  *

*Need an understanding person to talk to?  We have Recovery Peer Volunteers
here to help you in recovery from mental health and addiction issues all
hours of operation. We are here to help!*

*---------------------*

Hi Darrell,

Thank you again for meeting with me on Tuesday.  I wanted to again provide
you with the information for Family Support and now I actually have a
training date: November 7-11, 2016 in Sandpoint.  Again, the cost is $200,
but after successful completion of the class and background check, I am
hiring. For someone to qualify for the training they must be a parent,
guardian, or primary caregiver either now or in the past for at least one
year, to a child/youth with a diagnosed mental health disorder. Foster
parents, relatives raising relatives as primary caregivers, step parents
all qualify.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks!

Shannen Hotchner B.S., CPSS
Peer & Family Support Program Manager, Region II
Sequel Alliance Family Services, LLC

Latah Recovery Center - A Community of Peer Support
www.LatahRecoveryCenter.org <http://www.latahrecoverycenter.org/>
Find us on Facebook.
Call us at 208-883-1045
Open:  10-8 Mon-Fri., Sat. 10-12