[Vision2020] In Final Appeal To Voters, Clinton Changes Slogan To "Won't Blow Up Planet"

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Nov 7 13:53:36 PST 2016

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

http://tinyurl.com/Clinton-Changes-Slogan

---------------------------------

IN FINAL APPEAL TO VOTERS, CLINTON CHANGES SLOGAN TO “WON’T BLOW UP PLANET”

RALEIGH (Borowitz Report)—Delivering her closing argument of the 2016 campaign, Hillary Clinton has replaced her campaign slogan, “Stronger Together,” with a new one, “Won’t Blow Up Planet.”

According to Clinton-campaign sources, the new slogan is designed to appeal to suburban women, a group of voters that has historically opposed blowing up the planet.

Clinton launched the slogan at a campaign appearance in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she told supporters, “On Day One of my Administration, I will work for you. I will fight for you. And I will not blow up the planet.”

But, even as Clinton spoke, the slogan came under fire from Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, who said that it reflected “the failed policies of the past.”

“The American people have just had eight years of a President who didn’t blow up the planet,” Conway said. “Donald Trump is offering something different.”

http://www.MoscowCares.com