[Vision2020] Things that make you go . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 20:46:23 PDT 2014

I agree that the large soda ban is trivial, but it's a good example of
how some people in government think.

Given an obesity and diabetes epidemic, we can:

A) Put more money into studying the issue, maybe redo some of the
seminal studies that sent us down the "all fat is bad" path, maybe even
come up with some better standards ala the food pyramid and/or better
education on the subject of nutrition.  Give the people more information
and let them take whatever steps they deem worthy to take.

or

B) We can force you to buy soda in smaller quantities at a time with the
full force of government behind us.

It was a stupid extension of the Nanny State, and it was also utterly
pointless since you could just buy two 16 ounce sodas without somebody
getting arrested.  It's indicative of the mindset that the government
knows best when clearly they don't.  I'm glad they struck it down.

Paul