[Vision2020] Idaho's Got Talent! (was: Miss Idaho Shows Off a Gorgeous Picture ...)

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 07:12:15 PDT 2014

There is no connection between sugar and Type I diabetes.  With Type I
diabetes, the cells that make insulin all die, pretty much all at once and
never produce any insulin ever again.  The going theory is that your body
exhibits an immune response for some unknown reason which targets those
cells.  It's not a slow death of those cells due to sugar intake.  I know
this because I watched my mom die from that terrible disease over the first
32 years of my life.  I also saw how embarrassed she was using her pump in
public.

I do agree completely that sugar is a bad thing and that it causes Type II
diabetes.  Totally different thing, though.

Paul