[Vision2020] Idaho's Got Talent!

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Mon Jul 21 07:54:27 PDT 2014

On 7/21/2014 7:12 AM, Paul Rumelhart wrote:
> There is no connection between sugar and Type I diabetes.  With Type I
> diabetes, the cells that make insulin all die, pretty much all at once
> and never produce any insulin ever again.  The going theory is that
> your body exhibits an immune response for some unknown reason which
> targets those cells.  It's not a slow death of those cells due to
> sugar intake.  I know this because I watched my mom die from that
> terrible disease over the first 32 years of my life.  I also saw how
> embarrassed she was using her pump in public.

Please accept my condolences for your loss and your mom's suffering.
Also, please accept my thanks for elaborating the differences between
Types I and II diabetes and their causes.

> I do agree completely that sugar is a bad thing and that it causes
> Type II diabetes.  Totally different thing, though.

Precisely.  And so we are returned to reconsideration of that special
Idaho talent for actions inherently damaging to its own interests.  This
time it is raising awareness of the undesirable effects of its
agricultural crop beta vulgaris through the private personage and the
public persona of its chosen ambassadress, to the potential financial
disadvantage of some of its citizens and the state coffers.  On the
other hand, the choice of Miss Sandison may develop to the advantage of
those persons everywhere who understand the message implicit, and reduce
their sugar consumption appropriately.

Ken