[Vision2020] Ferguson

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Mon Aug 25 11:41:51 PDT 2014

I would post Joe Klein's article, Mr. Falen, but I (pretty much) disagree with most of it.

For instance . . .

"You can’t convict a terrified, undertrained cop of murder for trying to defend himself, if that’s what the facts show–but all too often in the past, we’ve exonerated racist thugs who were clearly guilty. We can’t ignore the barbarity that got us here: lynching was a fact, too, not a metaphor. Oddly, the election of Barack Obama–poor guy–has blunted the conversation about race relations, at least on the white side. We elected a black man with a Muslim name to be President. What other country would do that? The conversation has also been blunted, honorably, by the President himself in the face of some of the most tawdry race-baiting since Selma. And it has been blunted by leaders of the black community, who don’t want to harm Obama’s presidency by criticizing him. In a recent New Republic article, Jason Zengerle makes a strong case that hatred of Obama mobilized Alabama conservatives to take over the state legislature in 2010 and strip black officials of the power they had gained since the 1960s."

http://time.com/3153340/beyond-a-simple-solution-for-ferguson/

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon